What is Dance On It?
Equipping individuals through excellent training in dance to embrace creativity, skill, and honour in every area of their life; bringing glory to God in all that they do.
Dance On It Studios was started by Tracey Woiwod in 2008. The vision of our school is to be a place where excellence in training, joy in learning and mastery in development would come into a beautiful balance and each student would feel encouraged and yet challenged individually to achieve their highest level of skill, while developing their character and becoming all that God would have them be.
Since 2008 the studio has grown. We now offer classes for all ages in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Worship Dance, Contemporary, Musical Theatre and adapted classes for individuals with special needs .
The Dance On It Difference
We Value Families
We Value Faith
We Value Families
- We endeavor to make dance training available for every child, regardless of their family’s financial situation. Bursaries are available for eligible families in exchange for volunteer services in the school.
- We strive to make dance instruction accessible to all children and adults regardless of physical or mental ability so we have partnered with Embrace Arts Foundation to offer a number of Adapted dance classes weekly for individuals with physical or mental disability.
- While students are in class, parents and siblings (supervised) are welcome to stay on site and enjoy access to an outdoor playground and an indoor nursery while waiting for students.
- We strive to keep the cost of our costumes affordable for our families while not compromising appearance and quality.
- We encourage communication between parents and teachers or Directors via email initially and if necessary by phone. Our studio greatly values parents' input and when issues arise we will work diligently to come to a resolution.
- We love having parents involved as volunteers to take care of costumes, ticket sales, fundraising and many other areas. This allows us to keep costs down and also to share our community with our parents.
- We run Watching Week once a year for family and friends to observe our regular dance classes.
- We host an annual Family Celebration BBQ at the end of the year for families to gather, get to know each other better and celebrate friendships among our Dance On It community.
- We strive to provide the highest quality of dance education, preparing students for further professional training and/or performance careers if they so desire. We utilize internationally renowned syllabi in many of our classes (Royal Academy of Dance, The Cecchetti Method, ISTD) to ensure our students are well-rounded and able to hold their own against other well-trained students. At the teacher's and Director's invitation, students have the opportunity to take exams in these methods to evaluate their progress.
- At the Artistic Director's discretion, certain classes are entered in local festivals and competitions. Students are also invited to perform solos or other small group dances if faculty deem it a worthy endeavour for that particular student. Our students have had great success at these festivals and competitions, winning numerous awards and scholarships and being invited every year by the adjudicators to perform in the highlight gala performances.
- We strive to build character in our students by encouraging positive communication, strong self-discipline, good work ethic and respect and appreciation for their peers and teachers. We maintain a high standard of training to develop important life skills and character qualities in our students such as positive response to critique, team work, personal responsibility for achievement and perseverance through difficulty, all skills that will enable students to find success in all areas of life.
- Teachers often volunteer their time to provide extra training, dance field trips (to festival and professional performances) and mentorship to our students. We desire for our students to love dance and feel passionate about their involvement in the dance world.
- We seek to work with each student as an individual, creating a program that fits their needs and will help them accomplish their goals, within the parameters of our studio policies and dedication to excellence. We believe that each student is fearfully and wonderfully made and God has a unique plan for their life and we will always see and treat them as an individual. Older students meet with our Directors twice a year in individual meetings to discuss their goals and dreams, struggles and concerns.
- The faculty works as a team under our Artistic Director and Dance Department Directors to ensure that curriculum is followed and consistent through all levels of training. Each class, regardless of who teaches it, is monitored throughout the year to ensure standards of training and teaching are consistent and flow harmoniously from one class or level to another.
We Value Faith
- All of our teachers work diligently to ensure that movement, costume and music choices are age-appropriate and honouring to God and the student.
- We believe it’s important to not only train our students to perform at a high level but to also teach them how to use their skills and abilities to bless others. Outreach performances in nursing homes and other venues provide entertainment for the lonely, needy and broken in our community.
- Each year Dance On It donates a portion of its revenue to a non-profit organization committed to the protection and support of children and families living in unsafe or high risk circumstances.
- Our teachers often spend a few minutes at the beginning of each class listening to their students’ cares and concerns and pray for needs as they arise. We care about students as people first, and as dancers second.
- Our Vertical Dance Company is an opportunity for Christian dance students from any studio in Victoria to get together and worship through dance, be mentored and discipled in their faith and prepare perfomances of original choreography to present at churches, schools, nursing homes and community events. This company is a chance for students to learn how their faith and dance connect, meet other like-minded dancers and bless others. This company is by audition only.
"Act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God" - Micah 6:8